Coronavirus COVID-19Babcock Dental Center Protocol
Accepting New Patients!
Don't Wait Schedule Today
Coronavirus COVID-19 Protocol
We hope this email finds you happy and healthy. Following the guidance of our local government, we will begin to re-open our office on Monday, May 18, 2020. If your appointment was cancelled due to the COVID-19 shut down, our front office staff will be in touch with you to re-schedule your appointment(s) within the next few weeks. Please bear with us as we navigate through new safety protocols that have affected our way of scheduling.
As we re-open our office, we do so with caution and after much hard work and preparation for preventing the spread of infection. We want to take a moment to remind you that our top priority is always your health, safety and well-being.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. We are vigilant in monitoring the recommendations of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Dental Association (ADA) for infection control related to COVID-19. We are confident that when we open our doors, our increased protocols go above and beyond those recommendations to keep you safe.
We are committed to implementing safety protocols and in addition to our existing measures, you should anticipate noticing the following protective efforts when you enter our office:
- All patients answer a screening questionnaire prior to arrival. Appointments rescheduled if risk of patient transmission of illness, including COVID-19 has been determined.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s books and so forth. These items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Face masks by our office staff personnel.
- Increased efforts to disinfect throughout our office and waiting area. Wiping down credit card machines after each use and regularly disinfecting bathrooms, furniture, doors and handles.
- Increased disinfecting protocol in our exam rooms. All surfaces disinfected with a chemical germicide between each patient and increased ventilation to remove aerosols.
- Increased PPE for all staff who provide dental care. Gowns, face shields and N95 masks disposed of, or if reusable, disinfected thoroughly between each patient.
- Aerosol control through EOS Dental Suctions and the Pure Vac system during dental procedures, which helps remove more than 90% of aerosols created during procedures.
In addition to our efforts, we ask for your cooperation and support with the following temporary safety measures as we work through this ever-changing situation:
- Maintain social distancing practices in our waiting room, including with our office staff.
- Wait in your car upon arrival. Give us a call or text us to let us know you’ve arrived and our office staff
will greet you at your car to escort you into the office.
- Have your temperature taken.
- Immediately wash your hands upon arrival.
- Perform a 1-minute swish with a hydrogen peroxide oral rinse.
- Please do not bring friends or relatives who do not have a scheduled appointment. Only scheduled patients will be allowed in the treatment and common areas.
Thank you for your patience and flexibility as we all work towards improving safety measures when you return to our office. We promise to keep you updated through this dynamic situation. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have.
Dr. Tovissi and Staff of Babcock Dental Center, P.C.
Revealing Your Very Best Smile
Over 30 years treating the dental needs of our family and friends
- A truly comfortable & friendly environment
- Advanced dental care treatment & technology
- Cosmetic and restorative dentistry services